5 Essential Tips for Achieving Optimal Dental Health for Dogs and Cats
It’s almost February which means it’s time for Pet Dental Month. During February, the pet industry raises awareness and promotes good dental hygiene for pets. We have collected 5 dental tips for all dogs and cats.
- Brush their teeth regularly. Just like humans, regular brushing is key to keeping your pet’s teeth clean. Use a pet-friendly toothbrush and toothpaste and brush their teeth at least 3 times a week.
- Supplement their teeth cleaning with chew toys and dental treats. Chew toys are a great way to keep your pet’s teeth clean and healthy. Look for treats that are crunchy to help remove the plaque and tartar. They can help to remove plaque and keep your pet’s teeth strong.
- Another easy way to help control plaque and tartar is to add a breath freshener to their water bowl daily. These fresheners will make doggy kisses more pleasant for pet parents as well as help eliminate bad bacteria in the mouth.
- Schedule regular dental check-ups. Just like humans, regular check-ups are important to make sure your pet’s teeth are healthy. Most pets need their teeth cleaned professionally once a year.
- Feed them a healthy diet. A healthy diet is important for all pets, and it can help to keep their teeth healthy too. Feed them a balanced diet and consider a supplement too. Supplements that contain zeolites and propolis help keep plaque, tartar and bad breath at bay from the inside out.
Following these simple steps can help to ensure that your pet’s teeth stay healthy and clean. If you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s dental health, be sure to consult your veterinarian.
Follow us @VetWorthy on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on all our latest supplements, tips and tricks because a Healthy Pet is a Happy Pet.
If you are concerned about your pet’s health, please contact your veterinarian to rule out a serious medical problem.
photo credit: Instagram’s @mr_henry_the_frenchie